Welcome to Giving Nation
Giving Nation is the most popular social action programme for schools and alternative education settings nationally.
This academic year we will support over 50,000 young people to undertake social action projects in their communities.
Giving Nation teaches about charitable giving and social action in secondary schools and alternative education settings.
Young people take informed, practical action. They give time, energy and voice to the issues and communities they feel passionate about.
Giving Nation: Helping students help others
Benefits of involvement include:
- Greater understanding of charities and social issues
- Increased sense of inclusion and community spirit
- SMSC delivery for a whole year group
- Engagement with local, national or international causes
- Increased empathy and compassion
- Employability skills: leadership, teamwork, communication, research
- Entrepreneurial skills: business planning, risk analysis, budgeting and finance